Thursday, August 9, 2007

Peanut BEtter

You know how you suddenly get this wild urge to listen to a band you haven't heard in a year? And you tear apart your room looking for the CD only to discover it's in your glove box? Covered in melted wax from God knows what? Yeah, that's what happened to me this week. I can't get into live CDs, yet Matt Nathanson's At the Point always has me smiling even though 98% of the songs are about breaking up and being depressed. But Matt makes that fun! So, there was this unknown gunk on my CD which I washed off, but was left with scratches and leftover gunk. All my washing would not save my CD (which is one of the few I have not backed up on the computer - duh). I vaguely recalled someone suggesting peanut butter to revive broken CDs. It may seem ridiculous, but I was willing to try anything. After all, this is MATT NATHANSON! Live! And still awesome! So I took out some of my peanut butter, slathered it on the CD and rinsed it off.
Peanut butter is miraculous. Not only does it taste yummy with jelly, chocolate, pretzels and more peanut butter, but it saved my Matt Nathanson CD! I honor you, peanut butter and all your surprising ways. Now to see if it can fix Matt's broken heart.



Peanut butter gets five out of five Peanuts. Get it? Snoopy? Peanuts? Aw, forget it and just know that peanut butter is the shit.



No comments: